But, honest, they were here. And it was a great time. The Huds were heroic enough to provide the girls with room and board, which is good, because it would've been weird to have them sleep on my hardwood floor. Highlights of the visit included:
- Everyone realizing at the last minute that Becky was coming in from New York to Burbank, and Mary was coming in from Mississippi to LAX. I'm still confused how everyone ended up safely in Glendale, but there you go.
- Staying up till 4 a.m. at the Hudson house, telling tales, debating the relative attractiveness of long-gone Real World characters, and laughing our keesters off.
- Walking around Silver Lake with Amos and Ward, discovering the Army surplus store, and driving to within spitting distance of the Hollywood sign. Good job on that, Ward!
- Watching the Oscars at the Glarum household. I would have taken the entire pot if I hadn't stupidly picked Lars and the Real Girl for best original screenplay. Instead, I ended up in a five-way tie for first.
- Macking on some rad risotto at Farfalla, and then clapping madly along with Maggie June at the House of Warandi.