Sunday, January 27, 2008

The News as We Know It

I had the good fortune to talk to Karis*, the Official Archaeologist of Rocket Fever, this weekend. She's doing real live archaeological work in Sudan, which requires her to live in a traditional Nubian village on an island in the middle of the Nile River near the Egyptian border. This was my first conversation with her in weeks, because she is, for the most part, cut off from the rest of the world.

So you can imagine my bafflement when, in the middle of the conversation, she said, "Oh, and I heard about Heath Ledger ..."

My friends, the free flow of information will not be stopped.

*She's doing really well, by the way, and says hi to everyone.

1 comment:

Micah said...

I think one of the Nile crocodiles moonlights as a paparazzo for TMZ.