Monday, November 26, 2007

Now That's a Weekend

  • Drove 145 miles without leaving L.A. County.
  • Made shrimp dip and fancy green-bean casserole to rave reviews.
  • Devoured two plates of Thanksgiving goodness at the Eklund household, including some heavenly stuffing and about six pieces of various pies.
  • Observed a family sing-along, during which it was confirmed that I don't know the words to any songs, especially ones written by John Denver.
  • Failed, badly, at picking up the rules of the insidiously fun card game of Mao.
  • Wasted a few good hours watching the Lions.
  • Enjoyed American Gangster more than I thought I would.
  • Caroused with new and old friends at the Drawing Room (which has officially replaced Ye Rustic as my favorite Los Feliz bar).
  • Helped some dear friends move out of Los Feliz.
  • Gasped at the news that Pop and Sister ate turkey!
  • Worked off the Thanksgiving calories during a hike in Griffith Park with Mike.
  • Laughed my head off during Big Trouble in Little China.
  • Felt profoundly thankful for my family, my friends, my girl, my city, my life.

No comments: