Sunday, June 10, 2007

St. Alice

Alice Johnson is the first performer-type friend I've made in L.A., and I think she'll be the only one: Everyone else is sure to be a letdown after A.J. If you ever have the opportunity to spend some time with Alice, I'd recommend you just sit back and enjoy the show. She's the funniest woman I've ever met, and it doesn't hurt that she also possesses loads of intelligence and charm. And she has a Southern accent, which automatically makes her one of my favorite people.

Alice's one-woman show, St. Alice of Chatahoochee, is playing once a month at the Zephyr Theater in West Hollywood. It's the tale of a daft, sweetly hubristic girl trying to carve out a legacy for herself in suburban Georgia. I've seen it twice, and will likely see it again. Her next performance is this Wednesday, June 13. I highly recommend it. Click here for a video clip.

No comments: