Monday, May 07, 2007

Now THAT'S a Lemon


This, from Alethia Calagias, Queen of the San Fernando Valley and former State Newser:

Craig,

When I saw this lemon, I knew you would appreciate it... It is just so unbelievable... the size is totally incredible... and it's something that your friends and fans should see.

I came across it when visiting someone in North Hollywood. I asked her if I could have a lemon from her tree, as it was filled with several of these gigantic fruits. She said, "Sure. I have plenty more. If you don't take it, I'll have to throw it out." I couldn't let it go to waste. So Craig, here it is for you to share with the world.

Lemon stats:

Height: 6.5 inches
Diameter: 7 inches
Weight: 3.5 lbs.
Circumference: 20.5 inches

I attached a picture of the ridiculously huge lemon next to an ordinary lemon (7-inch circumference). The world's heaviest lemon weighed 11 lbs., 9.7 oz. This lemon is about 1/3 that size, but perhaps it's one of the largest lemons the San Fernando Valley has produced.


It's certainly the largest lemon ever feature on Rocket Fever, A.C.!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

You know what I was gonna say? I was gonna say "ridiculously big fruit like that always tends to be really sour. I wonder if that lemon is sour?"

That's what I was going to say.