Thursday, October 12, 2006

From One Detour to the Next




Before I forget, let me just say that the act of breaking bread is lots more fun than I thought it'd be. I had occasion to do so with two buddies from the Weekly last weekend. Lawrence, who now works at E, and Courtney, who's about to desert us to work for the Olsen twins (yep), accompanied me to the Weekly's Detour music fest downtown last weekend. Expensive drinks, free food, subway travel, Guitar Hero, and breaking bread at a tasty but ... slow ... Mexican place in Echo Park punctuated the evening.

Tons 'o fun, kids. Let's do it again real soon.

10 comments:

dr. kissinger said...

totally unrelated, dude. mark warner has ruled out a presidential run in '08. now who you gonna back?

Craig said...

Rocket Fever is mulling its options regarding who to back after this unexpected development. We're disappointed in Gov. Warner's decision, but are confident he'll reappear on the national landscape in the future.

eviedee said...

BECK AND OF MONTREAL!!!!!!!!
Only the love of a VERY good man could have dragged me away to San Francisco last weekend!

Craig said...

Would you believe I didn't even see any of the music? But that's only because I love Micah too.

Hayley said...

Bill Richardson?

Too bad you missed Of Montreal. They're tons of fun live. So is Beck, but, I mean, is the Pope Catholic? You know?

Craig said...

I'm not sold on Richardson. He's gregarious, but who cares about the governor of New Mexico?

dr. kissinger said...

what about al "lockbox" gore? btw: going to game 4 of the alcs tomorrow.

Craig said...

GORE: No, and double no.

GAME 4: Nice!

Anonymous said...

Please join us tonight for more Guitar Hero. I want to whip you. I mean, your ass.

--the Court Dog

dr. detroit said...

gaines, go to my web site for a somewhat full account of our game 4 experience. wow!