Thursday, September 14, 2006

Friday Shoutout

I was totally going to write up a juicy post on the Southern Culture on the Skids show, but I'm whupped. Instead, I'm going to send this week's Friday Shoutout to my good friend beer. Beer is one of those friends I can't be around all the time, because many times too much is a bad thing. But on certain occasions, beer eases my neuroses and inflames my self-regard just enough (like driving a manual transmission: all about feel) to allow me to do things like: have a good time, jump up and down at rock shows, and say the things that need to be said.

Wednesday was a great day for beer and me. While our night out together is sapping my ability to throw together a cogent SCOTS post, I wouldn't have had nearly as good a Wednesday as I ended up having. So, many thanks to Kirin draft, Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen, and Bud Light.

1 comment:

dr. beer said...

(seriously, the dentist that fixed my touth after i ran my face into a flag pole before fritz's wedding was named dr. beer.) any way, beer never gets jealous, always does what you want, comforts you when you're down. it's a true friend ...