Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bon Voyage, HEG


In a few hours, my little sister will board a plane to London for a year of study and other sundry activities. This exciting journey further strengthens the Gaines family's connection with that great and worldly city: It's the second visit there for Hayley, after educational tours there by Dad and myself.

Sister is entering a yearlong public-policy graduate-study program at University College London. This is the coolest development in my family in, like, forever. I'm giddily excited that the kid is continuing the internationalist bent she's been on since a middle school trip to St. Petersburg led her to strap on those globetrotting shoes. I can't wait to visit her in the coming months; London is one of my favorite cities, and I'm champing at the bit to return.

Safe and happy travels, Sister o' mine. Keep your eyes and ears open, and drop us a line every now and again.

*****

Salutations to another HEG are in order: Happy birthday to my grandpa Harold Gaines!

No comments: