Monday, August 21, 2006

I Cannot Believe I'm Saying This ...

... but I loved "Snakes on a Plane." I mean loved.

It was sort of a case of beating lowered expectations, but in the end it was just a really fun movie. Good pacing, funny jokes, cool snakes, a simple plot uncomplicated by lots of dumb subplots. If you can watch this in a movie theater crowded with lots of other folks having fun, do so. It'll be worth it.

*****

Hearty congrats to Michael and Meghan Kirby, who recently celebrated the birth of their second daughter, Elly. Mike's home for a couple weeks' R&R, and the family reports he's having fun with the wife and kids. Just as it should be.

*****

Tomorrow: Ever wondered what a roaring hot Hollywood "Red Dawn" party looks like?

3 comments:

joys said...

Snakes on a Plane? Seriously? Who are you and what have you done with my friend, Craig?

Craig said...

SNAKES ON A PLANE, CUZ!

Lawrence Everett Forbes said...

I had such a great motherf--king time watching that motherf--king movie, Snakes on a...Plane!

Of course, I caught it at the Vista for the hard-to-hate matinee price of $5, so...good times. Good motherf--king times!