Monday, June 19, 2006

Happy Travels, Amigo

If my calculations are correct, Ryan Ahrens is now in Mexico for his study abroad trip. When I see him upon his return, I expect him to be fluent in Spanish, versed in football, and full of good stories. See you soon, friend.

*****

Are you into early Christmas shopping? Then get ready to buy Joe Rexrode's book about Spartan football! Joey Ballgame is seriously one of the best pure writers I've ever met, so I have no doubt this will be a fantastic read.

*****

We had a productive and fun weekend at Rocket Fever: Friday, a rock-star-worthy birthday bash for Chyrsalista Piper in Santa Monica (special huzzah to Liz for getting me off my keester to go); Saturday, a rad Elysian Park barbecue set up by Lauralee, a friend and colleague to the irrepressible Micah (check out his rad Web site!) and Evie; Sunday, downtime and catching the second half of the Finals with Mikey.

And I bought an air conditioner! True, I plugged the 12-inch hole in my window with freezer bags and packaging tape, but I don't have to get all aesthetical and junk, y'know?

*****

I am really into these Tigers. Especially when they thrash the Cubs. I can't decide if I enjoy that more than the Pistons thrashing the Lakers. Hmm ...

*****

Don't give up on The Other Style Council just yet.

No comments: