Monday, June 19, 2006

Capping It All Off

I found my first baseball cap: A battered, duct-taped Toledo Mudhens job. I bought it at that old sporting-goods spot in East Lansing. No clue what it was called. I seem to remember Brian Shiels and I were into Minor League caps. The Quad City cap was pretty cool, too.

*****

What sort of cretin would steal someone's turtles? I mean, turtles?

"Hey, wouldn't it be a gas to steal some turtles?" the guy would say.

And then you'd be like, "No, that would be mean to the turtles and their owner. That would not be a gas."

Or at least, that's what someone should have said to this horse's ass.

*****

I'd just like to point out again how early we were to the whole mustache game. Wayne Delacroix is smiling somewhere in mustache heaven.

Toledo Mudhens
Los Feliz
turtles

No comments: